Members log-in to automatically save 30% on the cost of this course at checkout.
This course does more than show you what an effective safety manager does. It shows you how to do it through a balanced approach to safety management, addressing administrative, technical and cultural elements of safety. Participants will learn how to lead safety in their organization, and get their team involved in safety and health efforts.
**Please have participants come prepared with a safety issue they’re having at work in mind.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify the fundamental principles of a safety management system
- Determine your role as a safety and health professional and define line management’s safety and health responsibilities
- Identify leadership strategies that contribute to your success as a manager
- Recognize strategies and steps to create organizational and individual change in your safety culture
- Enhance your interviewing, consulting and influencing skills to enlist support from key people in your organization
- Create an action plan to improve safety management within your organization
- Under the four requirements for creating a positive safety culture
- Analyze safety and health issues from a manager’s perspective and develop a plan to resolve issues
2.6 CEUs received towards earning the National Safety Council’s Advanced Safety Certificate.
This course qualifies for the Workplace Scholarship Program.